STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE FOR A GOLDEN VISA ACQUISITION
Citizens of third countries, interested in investments in Greece, may achieve the issue of a residence permit, with our assistance. The biggest advantages offered by the granting of the residence permit are the extended term granted to the citizens of other countries (five years term), which is more privileged, compared to a simply entrance certification, and the ability of the other members of their family to obtain a residence permit. In addition, the substantial benefit of entering and freely moving in the unified Schengen area is also granted.
“V for Visa, the Golden one for investors in Greece!”
Greece has one of the most attractive Golden Visa Programs within the EU, holding the lowest amount for the purchase of a property (Greece: 250,000 €Spain: 500,000 €, Portugal: 350,000 €, Cyprus: 300,000 €, Malta: 350,000 € (source: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/eu-golden-visas).The Greek immigration law is still very flexible about the location of the owned property. For example, the Portuguese government has announced that from July 2021, investors for the Portugal Golden Visa will be blocked from purchasing property in densely-populated areas such as Lisbon, Porto, the Algarve. Instead, Greek Government has avoided such restrictions in order to give third country citizens the right to choose the location of their own property.
- Extended term granted to the citizens of other countries (five years term);
- Ability of their family to obtain a residence permit;
- No need to continually be applying for a Schengen visa to visit Europe, as this comes as part of the investor visa package.
- Investment in property from at least €250,000.
- Granting of a 5-years residence permit to the owners of real property in Greece.
- Full family residency. Children up to 21 years old with possibility of renewal up to 24 years old.
- The lawful entrance certification in the country is a necessary condition (exception for investors who apply without previous entrance in Greece).
- Right to renew the residence permit for an equal period of time.
- EU Schengen visa travel.
WHO ARE THE BENEFICIAIRIES?
- Citizens of third (non-EU) countries who personally have the full ownership, use and possession of real properties in Greece.
- Citizens of third countries who have the full ownership, use and possession of real properties in Greece, through a legal entity, whose stock or corporate shares are fully owned by the said citizens.
- Citizens of third countries who have concluded a time-sharing agreement or at least ten years lease of hotel accommodations or touristic fully-equipped residences in composite touristic resorts.
RECENT CHANGES IN GREEK IMMIGRATION LAW
- According to a recently introduced amendment (December 2020), third country citizens are entitled to submit an application for a residence permit via a proxy even if they have never entered Greece.
- Amendments introduced earlier (May 2020), gave the possibility for children-family members of the investor to apply for a renewal of their residence permits up to 24 years old.
- The payment methods have been facilitated in order to provide more payment possibilities to the investors.
We, at VAP LAW OFFICES, having gained over the past years extensive experience and profound subject knowledge on Golden Visa, are here to assist you. Contact us .
“We are always alert and vigilant, and each client is of ultimate importance to us. It is our aim, through hard work, dedication and attention to detail to ensure the safeguarding and protection of our client, and to reassure a positive outcome to his grievances. Nothing is left to chance. Before the advice and the solution comes understanding. Our extensive care coupled with experience and know-how, guarantees the best understanding of your needs thereby achieving immediate and efficient resolutions.”
Note: It is pointed out that the above outline of provisions is suggestive and summarizing and aims at providing a quick update in relation to the legal framework. Any subjection of your company to the above provisions and the conditions of this subjection constitute the object of a more complete analysis for which the provision of specialized legal advice is required.
D I S C L A I M E R
The contents of this newsletter do not constitute legal or tax advice and cannot be used as such. In case you require advice for your personal needs, please do not hesitate to contact us. Reproduction and translation for non-commercial purposes of this newsletter is permitted, provided that reference of the source is made and the editor (VAP LAW OFFICES) is informed and a copy is communicated to it.
We remain at your disposal for any clarification and/or information.
VAP LAW OFFICES
ATHENS ǀ DÜSSELDORF
ATHENS ǀ 4 KARAGIORGI SERVIAS STREET ǀ GR 105 62 ATHENS ǀ T +30 210 3254237
DÜSSELDORF ǀ 91 PRINZ-GEORG STREET ǀ G 404 79 DÜSSELDORF ǀ T +49 (0) 211 43691229
E-MAIL ǀ [email protected] ǀ www.vaplaw.eu